Just one month to go until the first Service Learning event for the new school year – the 5th Annual Fun Run in Urdaneta Village on Sunday 29 September. The morning will start with a Zumba warm-up at 6.45am, and the run starts at 7am. Tickets go on sale in 2 weeks, so all you need to do is to start training, and decide which distance you are going to tackle: 1k for younger kids; 3k, or the full 6k.
Tickets remain steady at Php 500 for adults and Php 300 for students, and event T-shirts will be on sale as well. Anyone can join – not just BSM, so talk to your friends, sports teams, neighbours, family and classmates, and sign up. There will also be a house competition, with every 1km run by parent or student, earning a house point. Remember, all money goes to support our Service Learning Partners.
And have fun! Dressing up is optional, but prizes will be awarded on the day for the best dressed runners.
If running isn’t your thing, you can still get involved. We need volunteers to help make a bake sale happen (by baking, shopping and/or manning the stall on the day); to sponsor prizes for winners of the fancy dress competition, and to provide refreshments for tired runners. We particularly need:
- Baked items for our Big Bake Sale (homemade or shop-bought – we don’t mind!)
- Sausages, bacon and buns for breakfast baps (plus volunteers to help cook them!)
- Cold drinks for our thirsty runners (water and any other cold drinks please)
- Prizes for our fancy dress competition (anyone with contacts at companies who are happy to donate some products in exchange for free advertising – please get in touch!)
- Volunteers who are happy to help with the bake sale, or selling tickets in advance
Please fill in this form if you can help at all: Bake Sale / BBQ Goods, or email us if you can help.
We can all MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Please help. No contribution is too small – or too large! Please contact Emma Denton, Erwin Adevoso or Runah Domoguen to discuss any ideas you may have.