Tickets go on sale on Monday for the Fun Run, the perfect chance to embrace one of the core goals of the Well-Being Framework – to live an active and balanced lifestyle. Set in beautiful Urdaneta Village, the run allows us to be both physically active and connect with nature. Perfect!
UNHCR Step with Refugees
Joining in will allow you to take part in the UNHCR Step with Refugees Campaign, to raise awareness about the plight of refugees. It is very simple to take part. Just go to the website stepwithrefugees.org, and either manually enter the kms you are going to run, or connect through your fitness app. BSM Service Learning have committed to contribute Php 10 for every km that is run on Sunday 29 September to the campaign, so please get involved, show your solidarity with refugees both near and far, and help us to raise awareness, raise money to protect them and help them rebuild their lives.
Tickets and T-shirts go on sale on Monday. House points will be given for EVERY runner, and prizes will be awarded for the best fancy dress. We also need volunteers to help make a bake sale happen (by baking, shopping and/or manning the stall on the day); to sponsor prizes for winners of the fancy dress competition, and to provide refreshments for tired runners. We particularly need:
- Baked items for our Big Bake Sale (homemade or shop-bought – we don’t mind!)
- Sausages, bacon and buns for breakfast baps (plus volunteers to help cook them!)
- Cold drinks for our thirsty runners (water and any other cold drinks please)
- Prizes for our fancy dress competition (anyone with contacts at companies who are happy to donate some products in exchange for free advertising – please get in touch!)
- Volunteers who are happy to help with the bake sale, or selling tickets in advance
Please fill in this form if you can help at all: Bake Sale / BBQ Goods, or email us if you can help.
We can all MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Please help. No contribution is too small – or too large! Please contact
Emma Denton, Erwin Adevoso or Runah Domoguen to discuss any ideas you may have.
BSM Service Learning Coordinator